Friday 3 January 2014

Cutting down on unnecessary spending

I've just been doing an annual check of our spending and realised that I have two lots of insurance which covers the same thing.  The insurance covers my phone and anything in my handbag... well so does my home contents insurance.  One phone call to the "extra" insurer and I'm now on track to have an extra £120 in my pocket per annum.  Not to be sniffed at and I can put that towards paying extra on our mortgage.  Not loads, but better than nothing.

A recent mailing by my teaching union also suggested that I could save on my every day supermarket shopping.  I have to buy a supermarket gift card and every time I load credit onto it, I will get 3% off.  It's not as much as other supermarket offers through the same provider but we stand to save £60 per year.

That's £180 saved.  I'm feeling quite virtuous!

No comments:

Post a Comment